My luck....arrgghhh

I just got a job at walmart which is close to home. It pays well for a store job and I like the people. Well today, I got a call on my phone and the person was asking me for an interview for a CNA position, working days and weekends off. One problem, its 35 minutes away from home!!!! What would you do? I figure that if I do get the job, I wouldn't be making much considering gas prices are going up.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would not base your decission on the price of gas because we never know when it is going up or down. Is the money better? Are there opportunities for upward mobility? 401k? Health insurance? These are all things to consider. I am leary of Walmart as an employer. I read a book called Nickled and Dimed. The author was a reporter who "quit" her job to see if she could really live on what she made at Walmart. She was exhausted, no insurance, terrible hours and she did not make enough to live on and wound up getting a second job to make ends meet. If it is close, you like it, and the people and are not really interested in upward mobility then stay put. If you want to advance in your career, then consider the other...just some food for thought. Oh hrs away from baby would factor heavily too!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• How much would you be making cna? at walmart you'd save gas cause closer plus probably you'd get a discount on their merchandise or specific merchandise at least. plus walmart has an eatery, where would you eat lunch as a cna? I say wallmart. Good Luck whichever!!
    Anonymous

• walmart is good because you have a smaller chance of getting laid off, Im a CNA and its been ver hard for me to find work because of the economy!
    althoug walmart usually never hires for full time, you have to work up for that.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I say take the CNA job if you are offered it. My DH worked for wlamart and they are a bunch of assholes to their employees. Plus the CNA job is more experience in your career.(assuming)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009