Is it true?

I've heard that if you take out or stop your birth control you become really fertile after that...But I've also heard that after you stop taking the pill it stays in your system and it might take a while to get pregnant again...I'm on Nuva Ring and was just wondering...

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 12:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can get pregnant anytime you stop the pill. It is true that it takes a while to leave your system and it could possibly take a while to get pregnant but don't rely on that fact. You chance getting pregnant anytime you skip one pill or any form of BC.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Actually, you can get pregnant while on the pill. The problem is that the pill terminates the pregnancy, usually before it's noticed. Trust me, I learned this from experience.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i stopped the pill and got pregnant the next month
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I stopped a pill as well and got pregnant the next month, although I miscarried. However, stopping the pill or missing more than a few in a row can cause sporadic ovulation, which can of course lead to pregnancy.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'll tell ya when you're really fertile! After you have a baby. I had a baby, started walking on the tredmill, got healthy and 4 months later here comes #5! So now I have boys 13 months apart. Lord help me!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009