can cleaning put a pregnant women into labor?

im wondering, im nesting, and have to do alot of squatting to get to the stuff on the floor... and im almost 38 weeks

mommy201988

Asked by mommy201988 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• baby will come when it's ready cleaning or not no matter what you do. but it's good to clean it keeps you busy til baby comes!! Congratulations mommy!!!! Exciting for you!!
    Anonymous

• Cleaning brings on contractions. Doesn't mean baby will come but it will bring contractions.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I am almost 38 weeks too, and I too have so many things to do stil. My doctor said the baby`s head is down, so she is ready. I cleaned the whole house yesterday, vacuumed, moped the floor, bathrooms and so forth, still not in labor. So I think it didn`t put me in labor, bu I`ve heard it can. Good luck!
    IrinaFulker

Answer by IrinaFulker at 2:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• thanks..
    mommy201988

Answer by mommy201988 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009