How can I get hubby to spring for better diapers?

We use parents choice the cheapest u can buy and they r horrible. I have to double diaper my son every night, and most mornings he is still wet- his p.j.'s and sheets. The taps rip off in ur hand sometimes. My hubby has the nerve to complain to his relatives how expensive all the diapers are. I even use rubber pants which were hard to find- when we go out. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, I dont think we can tell you how to convince your husband, as you are the only one who knows him. What you can do is try a different size. The diapers sound too small or too large.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Just go buy them!!! Buy cheaper oj to make up for it. Or cheaper english muffins. I know what you mean about cost. A dollar to me means I can almost buy lunch for my kid in school for a day.
    Anonymous

• No the are the right size- my brothers baby uses Huggies and I tried them and they worked much better- He is just a cheapskate. I did not realize how cheap until now.
    Anonymous

• My hubby told me when we had the baby that he would buy all the diapers and formula at Walmart on his way home from work- so I cant go buy them myself.
    Anonymous

• I used parents choice had to they were the cheapest once in awhile the tape falls off.. I would just save those diapers for naptime and double diaper once the broken one is wet you can use the outside one. ? They worked for me just fine and once your child gets to moving around more almost any brand you get is going to leak occasionally.. like the above said try a bigger size maybe.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• But if skimping on baby stuff is really bothering you talk to him. If you can fit it into your budget maybe reason with him on cutting back in other areas Luvs work really well and they're not much more than parents choice.... and if you're not too stuck on one brand there's websites like diapers.com (i think) that always have brand names on sale for cheap you do have to buy atleast $50 worth of stuff at a time to get it shipped to you but they sell formula and wipes too.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We had to use those once when we were strapped for cash and trust me its not the wrong size they ARE that awful! If you're slightly evil and not against co sleeping...he he...put son in bed with hubby and spend a night on the couch...then maybe he'll "feel" your pain...lol
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 1:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Try the CVS pharmacy brand they feel like cloth and hold urine pretty good.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• By haveing to double up on the diapers, throwing away "broken" diapers, and washing the extra laundry, the cheap diapers are actually costing you more money than paying a few dollers more for say luvs, which I use and like.
    Anonymous

• go to huggies.com and sign up for the free newsletter they send coupons for 1.50-3.00 off per pack....i dunno but u may also be able to print the coupons off @ the site. i totally agree with the parents choice...they r a waste of $ now my sister has a little girl and they seem to work fine w/ her......but my son just pees straight through....mayb its a boy/girl thing. dunno.......but if u could tell him u wanna try the huggies cause u have a coupon mayb he will understand....or...mayb u could buy off brand somethin else to make up for the difference. i kno its a pain constantly changing bed sheets and clothes....mayb u could tell him u would really b savin in the long run cause if u buy good diapers they last longer(fewer changes, no more double diapers) and less laundry no more changing clothes twice a night or sheets either and that also saves on the cost of detergent too! good luck!!!!!
    KeLiStA

Answer by KeLiStA at 7:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009