How can I get hubby to help @ party?

He will just talk to his relatives- just like at the christening- he acts like a guest, instead of the host. He is first in line to get food. I have a baby turning 1 year. I was exhasted last party for days. I have to put out the food, do clean up, take care of baby, open presents- yes I wanted the party for baby, but how can I get hubby to help instead of acting like a guest? I just dont know if I can handle anymore parties if he acts this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Have you asked him???

Or just have a beautiful moment for just you and your baby I know you want all the family to be there and share this moment but not if you are stuck doing it all. Then you are not enjoying your time with the baby.

Have parties when the baby is old enough to understand and remember by then hopefully you can get some kind of help but for now the baby won't remember much unless looking through pictures. Yeah I would have a long talk with dh if nothing changes then no more parties for awhile.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• There is a car race on and I know he will be watching that on tv- we rented a hall and it was the only day everyone could make it.
    Anonymous

• Sit down with him and show him the task list for the event. Ask him how he thinks that the two of you should divide up the responsiblities.
    Or have a simple party with pizza and cake.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2009