what would you add to corn bread?

i am in the process of making homemade chicken stock (one more hour) and im gonna have a nice homemade chicken soup tonight (using leftovers from a whole baked chicken last night) i decided to make some cornbread with it, i use a pretty traditional corn bread recipe found on the back of corn meal containers with a little bit of added sugar for sweetness. i dont have cream corn to add because omg its so good when you add that. what else would you add to cornbread to make it good? my hubby hates olives and i hate jalapeno's so im not adding that lol. any other suggestions? i was thinking maybe some shredded cheese if i cant think of anything or get any better ideas on here

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Real pieces of corn- maybe creamed corn like @ Chi Chi's mexican restraunt.
    Anonymous

• We add sour cream to our cornbread. I'm sure you can find a recipe online.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Almost any veggie would be good. Bell peppers, onions, and celery all work well. I bet drained beans would also be good. I'd look through the fridge, the freezer, and the pantry to see what I could come up with.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i wish i had creamed corn, thats what i prefer but dont have any.

im thinking of adding some cut up peppers, i have a red and yellow bell pepper left and need t ouse them.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• that might be a good way of getting my lil one to eat some more veggies too...sneaking them into the bread lol
    moki1984

• Do you have any sausage? I take 1/2 roll of Jimmy Dean sausage cook and drain. Ad it and a big handful of your fav cheese.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sorry I usually just add the creamed corn!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have added shredded cheese and mild green chilies to mine.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009