Cleaning Tips

So, I clean all the time, but just feel like my house still looks dirty. Anyone have any good tips or tricks on cleaning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Honestly I feel the same way, but I started feeling that way when I had kids, guess I will have to wait until they grow up and move out. Good luck, if you figure something out let me know.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I don't enjoy how much I have to clean to get the house actually looking clean lol but using cleaners that smell good help I just started using the arm and hammer refill cleaners they work well and smell good. I can go through a magic eraser in no time and always feel like I got something done. Also I use a mop and glow type of stuff on my bathroom floors they stay cleaner looking longer and are actually easier to clean.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i just recently dicovered using vinegar and baking soda as a major cleaner instead of bleach. because i dont want all the harsh chemicals if im cleaning EVERYDAY. also vaccum often and i scrub my kitchen and bathroom floors.as in on my hands and knees.lol i only need to clean them baout twice a week if i deep clean them like this. i use vinegar,.pinesol and hot water. perfect.
    Anonymous

• Yuppers both ladies have good advice.......aromatherapy is a trick to the minds eye. If it smells good it looks good. Place drops of Essential oils on the tops of doors so every time you open/ close the door you get a "whiff of scent". Place Used dryer sheets with Essential oils on them in your heat vents when your heat/air condition comes on your get the scent. Clean with vinegar and baking soda. The best thing for you and your environment.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i kept a basket in each room and as they filled up, i emptied them out. pick up the mess, don't move it around. designate at least one area of your house as a toy free zone. for us its the living room. no toys are allowed to be in there. and if they are in there, they can't be left in there. like right now my son and his friend has a basketball in there but when they go to his room, they're taking the ball. this is the thing that has done the most for us. it keeps the mess in thier rooms and out of your sight.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009