sippy cups

My baby will drink water and apple juice form a sippy cup but when i try to give her milk she gets mad and won't take it??? Any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd was the same way i used a straw cup, that worked for a while, then she got tired of that and now she uses big girl cups, no lid or anything, some days i have more messes to clean but atleast it works!
    Anonymous

• My daughter was the same way I didn't force her I would just keep introducing it with milk and one day she surprised me and took it and never wanted milk in a bottle again. Just stay patient she will do it when she's ready.
    MylilMonkey08

Answer by MylilMonkey08 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Don't give her anything but milk in the cup and she will drink from it when she's thirsty. Once she drinks the milk, then start giving her water again. She won't dehydrate.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• What I did was buy the nuby silicone soft nipple sippy it really works instead of a bottle with milk i give my daughter her milk in that wonderful cup.
    tatianant

Answer by tatianant at 3:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Water in the sippy cup is great. Milk is unnecessary.
    Make sure that she is eating a variety of healthy foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Remember that cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009