Baby wakes up fussing than crying because of gas...

my 10 week old wakes up every morning fussing and pushing as if he is gassy, I feed him and while i do he pulls off every few seconds and pushes pushes pushes. he farts a lot and than after he poops he is happy, but it lasts the whole feeding.

I am BF him and i have cut out all dairy and gassy foods. Even when he wakes in the middle of the night i feel its due to the need to push. I don't know what else to do. He doesn't scream in pain or anything he is just pushing constantly till he goes and i feel so bad that he starts every morning unhappy. Got any advice? thanks

Crystal2009

Asked by Crystal2009 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give him baby gas x and pat hi sback alot before bed
    Anonymous

• my son is 10 months now and did and ocassionally still grunts and pushes to poop while eating a bottle. what does the doctor say? my son did stop doing it at feedings, now just does it when he actually has a bm. i chalked it up to learning his bodies sensations. good luck
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My DD did and does the same thing. I nurse her as well. I started using orangic gripe water at night before her last feeding. It helped but she still does it sometimes. I think its just her time to use the bathroom. Good luck! You can get the water at walgreens!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 2:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009