periods and pregnancy?

How possible do you think it is to be pregnant and still have your period?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 1:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was preggers 12 weeks and didn't know b/c I was still getting my period..I had no sign of pregnancy until i got sick form bad chicken which...I was the only one sickk..The weirdest thing about this was I took a test when i was 4 weeks along and it said i wasn't preggers...Today i have a healthy baby girl!! It's possible!
    Anonymous

• I've read that some women spot throughout their entire pregnancy. Which is soooooo not right!!! You should get to enjoy those 9 months free from your period!!! Unfair!!!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It rarely happens. Usually if you're still getting your period you should assume that you're not pregnant.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My BFF had her period during her entire pregnancy, didn't find out until she was 6 months along that she was pregnant. It is very rare, but it does happen.
    hnjsmom

Answer by hnjsmom at 4:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• As far as I understand, it isn't possible at all, because a period is shedding your uterine lining that was not needed to nourish an embryo that month. Many women get bleeding/spotting that can be mistaken for a period, and I would imagine that continuing to use BC could cause some hormonal shifts at a certain time of month that could lead one to believe it's a period.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009