have you ever willed something bad to happen...and it did

and when it happened...were you worried because it was a pretty bad thing and karma is a mean woman. and when i say willed something bad to happen, i dont mean you willed for the neighbor to trip on his shoelace....i mean its pretty bad......bad enough im not gonna type it. it was YEARS ago, but not my best moment in life

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No because that is witchcraft and against God's character and my faith.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If I did, and it happened, I don't know about it. I hope you had a good reason for wanting it to happen! Just because you willed something bad to happen, and it did, doesn't mean karma will get you. Maybe what you willed to happen, should have happened!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Not everyone who wills something to happen to someone else is practicing Witchcraft.

We all have the power within us to send out enough energy to cause intent, wither good or bad.

And yes Karma will come back.... again wither or not you believe in this stuff or not... what you do comes around eventually...

And remember " Becareful of what you Wish for"

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well, even prayer is a form of willing something to happen, IMO. I have to disagree respectfully, Shaneagle, about it being witchcraft. I don't believe there was actual intent - that's the difference.

Here's what I think. The mind is a VERY powerful thing - so powerful we don't actually know the full limits of its capabilities. If we concentrate hard enough on something to happen, it CAN happen - it's the power of the mind (if you've ever read about or heard about "The Secret", you'll understand what I mean). That's not to say that your experience wasn't just coincidence, but the possibility is there. Just like when we concentrate enough on positivity in our lives, our lives become more positive. When we concentrate on the negative, the negative influences take over.

Now, as for karma. If you think that karma's out to get you then it will be. Focus on the positive, and on your chosen deity, if you have one, instead.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think it's hilarious that some of the readers on here think of it as "witchcraft". Ha ha ha hahahahahahahahhahahahahh. Puh-leeeeeze.
    Anonymous

• well...looking back.....about a year after that........i had some REALLY BAD years...i learned a lot in those years but i was pushed to my breaking point and past that for a long time......i felt pain that i pray i never feel again. maybe that was my karma. it was the lowest point of my life. i was dead inside pretty much, i had to be to handle what i went thru
    Anonymous

• Wow, sounds like your life kinda parallels mine, LOL.

But I learned from my mistakes and from the hardships I went through after. They changed me, helped me to grow and to become the person I am today - and to be honest, I thank God every day for those challenges, because I SURVIVED - and I am here to tell the tale and to help others not make the same mistakes I did.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Nope because thats not who I am and I realize that it would hurt me worse in the end if I even tried it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• "No because that is witchcraft and against God's character and my faith. "

not really.. you could pray for something under those lines just the same. A prayer is the same as a "spell"..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• gmasboy said it best.. (claps)

I don't remember wishing harm onto anyone.. but who knows.. I know I wish someone would shut up, or change something in there personality... (like get an education, lol)..

but I get the point your making.. and I believe as with anything, if you believe enough, it becomes reality.. (part of the reason I'm atheist)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2009