Throwing a baby?

My friends sister showed me this video of her and her husband throwing this seven month old baby across the room (not her kid but her friends kid). I was absolutely appalled by the video THEY WERE STANDING 6 feet apart!! Am i over reacting? And if i am not over reacting what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Um no you are not over reacting. I would just tell her that it makes you sick and ask her WHY in the world she would do something like that or thing it is ok?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think you'd have to be there to really tell the situation. It's hard to judge from a video.
    Anonymous

• you should call 911 and show them the video and child protective services to get that poor child out of the home NOW. why didn't you do this already!??!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Your not over reacting a bit thats not safe. That may be child abuse too I am not sure. If that baby were to drop it could be very serious and plus throwing a baby like six feet from one another may have like a wipe lash effect I would think but not sure. I am unsure what you should do about that expect talk to them and if your really concerned call the state on them but i certainly do not feel that is safe :(
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• it wasn't even THEIR kid? oh hell no! tell taht kid's parent's too so your friend's sister and her husband can get the proper beating they deserve!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• some people are just reeeaaaalllllllly stupid.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The mother was the one video taping the throwing she knows and was laughing. I don't even know the mother's name or the baby's so if i were to call anyone what would i say??
    Anonymous

• Yeah that is awful. Exactly why I stay at home because you're always taking a chance with some idiot you think you can trust throwing your baby around the room like he's a damn hacky sack.
    Anonymous

• throwing a baby (even tossing them into the air) can cause whip lash or break bones (like their neck) when I had my son he was about 5 months old & a friends grandma who's been a nurse for over 40 yrs said she's seen babies become paralysed & even end up dying bc of this. the force causing their heads to snap back. I'd be sure & inform the childs parents & leave it to them to decide if legal action should be taken or just not to ever leave their kids with them again.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure there are videos you can look up where innocently tossing a child takes a turn for the worse (like in educational medical videos) show them to the parents. Its very unsafe & if the mother is allowing this & thinks putting her child at risk is funny just for some laughs with friends she needs to have a lil chat w the authorities to tell her that's unacceptable & maybe if she knows her child can be taken from her then she will think before putting her baby in danger again
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009