• In the Spotlight:

is there a place for moms...

to get help with nerves, like where they work with you, kinda like a nut house but not a nut house, i need help, my dd is so whinny, sassy, hittingin the face, laughs at you when you punish her for doing wrong, well i broke today and tapped her in the face for doing it cause its a everyday thing, and i never ever spank my lil girl but today i snapped, i am saying i need help to all my family and they ignore me about it, i want help so i dont hit my lil girl again, i know i am going to get bashed badly but i am getting bad with my nerves

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nobody?! am i the only one whose feels like she is going to lose it?
    Anonymous

• im not going to bash you.......if she hit you you need to hit her back but not hard but enough to let her know it hurts.. take things away from her like her favorite toy. when my boys are bad thats what i do sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt but goodluck girl!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It sounds like you need a little break. Can you leave for a little bit when DH gets home? Go for a drive or something? Do you ever get out, like once a month? See if someone else will watch her for you if your DH or family won't, like a friend. Maybe you can find another kid for her to play with and their mom can trade off with you, or you can have play dates.

Although if its really bad, maybe you could call a therapist. There's no shame in that. I hope everything works out.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 1:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• dh lets me get out once in a while, as for family taking her, yeah right,, they always have one excuse after another, or they say they will but when it comes to time to doing it they call and say they cant, friends, nope, dont know anyone really where i live. tried play dates but they get canceled left and right
    Anonymous

• call ur doctor,make an appt.maybe you can get some valium or something.obviously this is becoming a concern with you and you are seeking help.just know you're not alone and all moms get really frustrated at times.can you take a roadtrip, leaving daughter with dad for couple days?don't let this go without doing anything,and don't feel bad or guilty.you're a good mom looking for some answers.good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• call your health care provider or insurance company and ask for a # for someone to talk to. You may think talking won't help, but it truly does, especially since you feel like you're already reaching out to family and friends and they're ignoring you. You're not alone, i bet it's just that a lot of mom's won't admit that they're stressed to the max. You probably just need to be introduced to different ways of trying to discipline (your daughter may be too young, but i know my mom used reverse psychology on me all the time! ;) The other mom's are right, a night out or an afternoon alone, a quick walk in the park can even do wonders.
    Best of Luck!!!
    christinek_00

Answer by christinek_00 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• my husband works all week, and here in a month or two he will be gone 12 hr!! days 4 days a week, on the weekends we have been so busy doing family shit(i love doing family things) but we are getting short on cash to do that or for me to go away for a night or two, it makes me mad cause i have went to my moms for 2-3 days to give dh a break and he wont even consider that for me. i have asked and like i said nobody takes me serious, probably cause they know i wont hurt my dd, she is 2.5 by the way, i usally send her to her room(thats totally baby safe) and tell her when she can be a good girl and nice she can come out, usally works but lately she thinks its funny. her raising a reader lady who comes out once a week seen how she is and just said she is glad her son is over the age of 2, lol,
    i have seriously thought about admitting myself into a hospital cause i am so over the top
    Anonymous

• is daycare an option? I know you said money's tight, but even if 100% of the money you make goes to paying for daycare, it'll get you some time away from your daughter, it'll give her the chance to interact with other children her own age so maybe she'll notice that the other kids don't act up the way she does and you'll be spending time with other adults, which when your a stay at home mom can make the world of difference on your nerves. Might be worth looking into.
    Anonymous

• keep her active and on a schedule look online for a little thing called rescue remedy it does wonders and when ever you feel that meltdown coming on put her in her crib for time out, also keep her active go to the parks twice a day walks , messy art projects, stuff like that tub time always cools my little ones down , and whatever you do don't loose it with her walk away take deep breathes , i know you do it all on your own it's hard as hell and all you crave is adult attention but know that you have us women online to help anytime.... also exercise go for daily walks, light floor exercises, be gratefull your able to spend your time at home with her instead of somedaycar provider that can't wait for their day to be over with, look for the positive in situtions,, good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• omg i love being able to stay at home with her, we had 2 bad daycares and i dont wanna send her to another, even though i have thought about getting a job just to get out rather it not be to pay any bills but just for a daycare/preschool for her., i have thought about it more and more, but she was getting better then a few days ago it went down hill. i love my daughter to pieces and she is my life saver,
    Anonymous