• In the Spotlight:

How easy was it for you to transition to a sippy cup?

A family member bought my five month old daughter a transition sippy cup (the Nuby brand with the handles) yesterday. Today I thought I'd try giving it to her, just to see what she thought. She took to it like it was a bottle! She seemed to be proud of herself for holding it on her own (as proud as a five month old can seem, anyway). I'm so proud of her xD

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son didn't even know the difference. But I didn't do the switch til he was 9 months old. I wasn't even thinking sippy cups at five months lol.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• At 6 months we introduce them and within two weeks they were holding it themselves and we ditched all the bottles.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We tried right when he turned 5 months. He took it great. At 8 mo he can drink out of water bottles and straws.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 2:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My 10 month old will not drink from a sippy cup yet at all. I try it everyday but he just won't drink from it.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Each of my kids was different. My oldest it took a couple months to convince her to use it. My son had it figured out by the time he was 5 months old and that was the kind with the hard spout. He would crawl over to his sister's cup because he knew she might have juice in it and he only got water, lol. Then he would lay on his back and suck it down (he could crawl but couldn't sit up on his own until he was almost 7 months old).

My other girls were around 7 months when they figured out the cup and could drink from it without help.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• both my kids transitioned very easily.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Very easy. We never used them. We went straight to the cup.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I forgot to add my daughter was around 6 months when we introduced it with her solids.
    MoonLover06

• The way they make them now it's super easy!!
    HoneyPot78

Answer by HoneyPot78 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009