New to cafemoms and would like to know some honest info about Pure Romance consulting?? Pros and Cons. Would like to know what an average paycheck would range? Looking for a party in eastern Michigan to go and observe to see if it would be fitting for me.

Thinking about becoming a Pure Romance consultant. I have been checking into other co.'s just like this one, i.e. Brown Bag Parties. I have sold BeautiControl Cosmetics at one point for 5 years and that fizzled out. Would really like some genuine, key word, pros and cons of the business and what an average paycheck for one party may look like. I would also like to observe a party to see if this would fit me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't believe in any company that makes you get an inventory. Discount or not. There is no telling if you will be able to return the products. I did MK for a lot of years I ended up selling the leftovers on eBay.

Don't go with any company that tells you their is NO SELLING, FUN PARTIES, or BUY your KIT. The list goes on and on.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
    I am with a company...but I don't think that my company is for everyone...beacause it is starting a real business.
    CoolYourWorld

Answer by CoolYourWorld at 2:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You might want to try visiting the Romance folder over on the message boards at wahm.com. It's pretty active over there.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 8:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I don't know the answer to your question but I want to point out they do not get a paycheck. When your in a home party plan you own your own business. They may get commission checks but I am pretty sure they keep their profits after a party, not turn it all in to the company. If you are looking for a steady paycheck you need to find a WAH Job NOT a WAH biz. These two are always confused. WAH biz requires startup fees and you only get paid when you party and/or sell products. Business gets slow at times and you may not sell for weeks at a time. WAH Jobs tho require NO startup fees and you have steady work. You have an employer like you would at a "traditional" job. Check monster.com or careerbuilders.com for legit WAH Jobs. www.SensualScentsNC.com
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 9:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I'm from Northern Michigan. I have a friend who sold Pure Romance products. She said it was very diffcult, a lot of inventory. After getting into $4000 in debt, she got out. She now sells Arbonne skin care products like me. We have no inventory. Arbonne is pretty amazing! This might be a fit for you. Listen to this call on Arbonne's comapany 212.461.2593 And if you want to talk to me about joining my team, call me at 989-858-0947. You can visit my website at www.kristine.myarbone.com and sign up anytime. Just click on the link on top right hand side of the page that says Become an Arbonne Independent Consultant Today. We have an awesome training and support team. Please listen to the call, it will change your life, Kristine
    LovinArbonne

Answer by LovinArbonne at 4:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Hi I sell Pure Romance and I wont lie it does take some leg work but ask yourself wouldn't any business that you own require this. A company doesn't succeed without investing time and money. It's just like they say you put in what you get out. You can choose to carry inventory or not this is not mandatory. Most reps choose to carry inventory b/c you have to see it like this if you went to the store for a gallon of milk would you want to wait to receive it or would you want to go home with it that day. I have only been doing this for a few months and have done fairly well. My first show I profited $242.00! If you are interested let me know and I can answer any questions you may have.
    Web: amyrubalcaba.pureromance.com
    Email: amyrubalcaba@pureromance.com
    For the month of August all of our starts up kits are 50% off and we do have different size kits depending on what you can afford.
    PRAmy222

Answer by PRAmy222 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2008

• All party plans are run different. I personally like carrying stock b/c women are impulse shoppers. I sell more when I have product sitting in front of them.  As far as debt, I've NEVER used a credit card for this business except to buy my kit. I built my inventory as my business grew. I got paid AND grew my biz. I get the perks of working & getting paid at every party & re-investing in my business. I've been doing this for over a year and a half & love every minute of it. I hesitate to say that carrying stock or not carrying stock is the best way because honestly it's dependent on the \ business you're in & unless you have done this business yourself, it's a reach to make that assumption. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

smog

Answer by smog at 7:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2008

• hi there. i know this posting is old, but i am responding just in case you have not yet made a decision yet. I am a consultant for Passion Parties. We do not require you to carry inventory this is your choice. I do know other companies may stress that but for us it is in now way mandatory.
    Romance parties are really popular now. I know for me my business has been booming. I think in these economic times people tend to stay with what is comfortable with them and sex is definitely something that is not going away.
    We have a great sign on promotion going on from now until the end of November. If you are interested you can visit my website or email me here for more information. Just do your homework and make sure you research each company if it seems too good to be true it generally is, karen@yourpassiondiva.com, www.yourpassiondiva.com

good luck to you

bedroombuzz

Answer by bedroombuzz at 5:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Any business is going to be work if you have the passion to do it then it doesn't seem like work! I"m a Managing Director with For Your Pleasure and would be happy to answer any questions about what I do. Pros & Cons!

http://www.tinastoybox.com

TweetyCrazy

Answer by TweetyCrazy at 8:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• PR doesnt make you carry inventory. That is your choice. Check my journal posts for FAQs on PR. Message me if you have any ?s. I make $1000 a month if not more.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 11:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2009

• I am also a Pure Romance consultant and I love it. Yes it does require a bit of work. It is WORK. But I make more money in 1 party, 3 to 4 hours of work, than I do in my 2-wk part time job paycheck. No joke. You are not required to carry inventory. But most consultants do, because it increases your sales with the impulse buy, pay today and play today! Also it cuts down on your postage expenses. Nothing worse than having to spend 50 or 60 dollars of your PROFITS! in postage. There are starter kits that are less than $200 and there are very low requirements to stay active. Pure Romance is a great business, with tons of incentives, trips, free products for consultants etc. I absolutely love it. I hope you do make a decision that fits your life, but bear in mind, it is YOUR business and you will only get out of it what you put in. Not necessarily the money you put in, but the dedication, time, and commitment. Good luck.
    ChandaAnna

Answer by ChandaAnna at 11:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2009