TOO MANY KIDS!

Is there a such thing as to many kids? I'm not talking about people "abusing" the system (PA) Im talking about good Moms and Dads who take all the responsibility for raising their kids. I have 2 right now. Im not sure how many I want. I see myself one of those women who ALWAYS wants another baby.....So, I was just wondering is there such a thing as "too many?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• As long as you are providing for them financially and emotionally I say no. But when you have so many you have to depend on the government and can't give them enough individual attention and care yes.

I only have one so far...but want maybe four?? Hubby and I are just going to give God the control on that. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• As long as you can provide for all of them financially and emotionally, no. When you start depending on others to fill in the gaps you have too many.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Thats what I say.... Let God control that! Granted I have fertility problems (one ovary, that barley works) and It took me 6 years to get preg with #2. I just cant see ever..."getting fixed" Im not an animal that needs to be spayed. However, If I were in a position where I could not financially,physically, and emotionally care for my kids, I would stop. My husband dont make a LOT of money (i stay home, but going to college) but idk which is more important, having a big bank account for the kids I do have, Or providing them with a large family. (also important to me)
    Anonymous

• To those saying they will let god control how many yet that when you start relying on others for financial help you should stop, what do you do plan to do if god gives you more children than you can provide for?
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Perhaps those relying on God are also relying for him to provide financially. I am. I'm not sitting on my butt, either. Take the Duggars as an example. Love them or hate them, they are the sole financial providers for their children. Neither are college educated. Both started from poverty, and relied on God to give them the tools they needed. Now they have several commercial properties that they own, and paid cash for them. If you're really relying on God for the kids, you need to rely on him for the finances, and listen up when they come alone.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well, If you start struggling financially with the kids you have, dont have anymore. Its pretty simple, there are forms of birth control, and overall they are effective if used correctly. There are also surgical procedures.
    Anonymous

• Take the Duggars as an example. Love them or hate them, they are the sole financial providers for their children

I like the Duggars, I have nothing against them, but technically TLC and their show with them pays a large portion of their bills.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Nope! I think as long as you and your husband can handle them then you should be allowed to have as many as you want.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think that there is such a thing, but it varies from person to person. Some women may be able to handle 15 children, but most can't. Some can't handle 1.

The Duggars were financially sound long before TLC came along.

Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My neighbors have 20 kids. They are a great family. They older 8 kids are out of the house and all have big families of their own. The kids are great and my son loves to play with them. They have twin 7 year olds and twin 5 year olds. Her house is spotless the kids are well cared for. It is a lot of work but you can tell she loves it. She is done now her youngest is 3 months old. Her husband had a vastectomy. I actually watched all 12 kids one weekend for them and it was not bad at all. These were the most respectful and well behaved kids I have ever been around. My son is an only child and was the only one who whined and got into trouble and he is a pretty good kid. I say have as many as you want providing you can afford them.
    Anonymous