Do you ever smell old clothing and think "Wow, the past smelled funny!"

I used to do that when I was a kid xD You know that mothball musty old smell some things have? I always thought the 80's and 70's smelled like that, and that everyone walked around smelling like mothballs.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol, thats funny. ive never done that tho
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No but mothballs remind me of my grandmother's hall closet haha.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes, i have. People used to use moth balls alot in those days, I think that is part of it. But, yes i know what you mean.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I beg your pardon Miss Cait! I am a child of the 80's and I do NOT smell like moth balls LOL. My grandma's closet smelled like moth balls...a smell from 1921! I will tell you the 80's smelled like Mtv and my camero with a black cherry car freshener. It smelled like summer, and great music and some questionable but fun styles of hair and clothes. It smelled like hair spray, beer, concerts and a little bit of pot wafting in every now and then. It smelled like sun tan oil and cotton candy. It smelled like my mom's home made bread and musty school text books. I was in high school from 1980-1984 and it was a great time to be a teen. It was the beining of social awareness and recycling. Home ec and shop class. It was world music thanks to cable tv. It was microwaves, video games and cordless phones. It was cell phones the size of waffle irons. A great time to be a kid! NOT MOTH BALLS LOL
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009