avacado

how do you know when an avacado is ready to be eaten? They are supposed to soften a little right? I bought some today but they are still really hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• For me they need to be a little soft tp the touch. I put mine in a paper bag with a apple for a few days to ripen well(other wise the rot easy here)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they get dark when ripe. they start out a medium green and get almost black which is probably too ripe. So I usually look for ones that are dark but not too dark and not to soft to the touch cuz those are probably over ripe. IMAMOM2 had good advice about the apples.:)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 2:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I always buy them like that so i dont let any ruin. Just put them in your window and they should be ready by tommorow or the next day. I usually wait 2 days because i feed them to my 5 month old ! Its easier to mush them up ! They are a great first food!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 2:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Dark green and just beginning to get soft when squeezed is when they are good to me. :) I love avacodo,lol. Thanks...now I have to go buy some,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• and then cut in 1/2 length wise and twist it poen.and use a knife to "grab" the pit to remove it
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• when a Avocado is hard, you need to put it in a warm place, like a food pantry or food cabinet. For maybe a day or two.
    judybluedy

Answer by judybluedy at 7:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2009