how would you feel if????

I am three months pregnate i have only gained 8 pounds (which makes me 128) . yesterday my sister told me that i dint look pregnate at all just like ive gotten real chunky. I know i shouldnt have let it get to me, but it still hurt my feelings. am i wrong for being offended?? how would you feel?? please no rude remarks

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 2:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what a bitch, shes just taking out her insecurities on you, and that is wrong. 128 is skinny so matter what, thats about how much I weigh right now and Im only 7 weeks. Dont let her be mean to you, honestly she should realize that you are going to be hormonal and sensitive about the weight, my MIL was like that, EVEY single damn visit she'd ask how much weight Ive gained, and finally, toward the end of my first pregnancy I told her strait out I dont like talking about it, so Im not going to share my wieght anymore, it was thee only way to make her stop! Non-pregnant people should just keep their traps shut. I mean we are cooking a damn baby, of course we are going to gain wieght, its what we are supposed to do!!! LOL.
    pammyhorner

Answer by pammyhorner at 2:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• sounds fine. I've actually been loosing weight and am 10 weeks along. Of course I could stand to loose a few pounds.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Oh grow up. You know you aren't chunky on a hot day at that weight unless you are 3 feet tall.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't care. I mean, it is kind of a rude comment, but don't let it get to you. You'll look pregnant soon enough. I certainly went through a stage when I just looked like I'd been drinking too much beer lol. Then I really started to show and it was obvious I wasn't just getting chubby. :) Don't worry about what anyone says - pregnancy is beautiful, even in the awkward weight gain stages!!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Of course it's OK to fell offended. Some people can be so insensitive, but when it's returned back to them they get angrier than anyone else. If she continues doing it, talk to her about it and. If it doesn't stop, give her a taste of her own medicine.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 2:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You wont look pregnant until about 5 or 6 months- if she had a brain she would know that, tell her to get off her high horse, sounds to me like she is jellous and wants to hurt your feelings.
    Dont worry mama, soon enough you look big and beautiful~
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Don't feel bad. I was at a wedding and was about 15 weeks and was starting to show a little(my 3rd) and was proud I finally had a little bump and this woman asked me if I was having twins!. I was nowhere near looking like I was having twins but it kinda of burst my bubble for a little bit but then my DH was like who cares, she's 8 glasses deep in wine lol! Made me feel much better! Some woman just get off being vicious or rude(like the post anon) I'm sure you look great!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• its normal, with my first i looked chunky on my face and got a little pudge at three months, its normal. all bodies do different things when you are pregnant.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• People are just really insenstitive. You just keep doing what you need to do for the baby. My Bridesmaid went to Davids bridal for her dress fitting FOUR DAYS after the baby was born, and the lady told her she needed to lose weight.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Your sister sounds like an honest girl :) Truth is we all look fat compared to what we were during the earlier part of pregnancy. Like you had a few too many beers and developed a beer gut. Welcome to pregnancy!
    Anonymous