Teaching your own children

My oldest daughter is amost 3 and my youngest is 15 months. I have tried sitting down with my 3 year old and teaching her colors and the alphabet. She can count to 5 on her own and to 15 with help but how can I get her to pay attention when I am trying to teach her other things? I want to go to school to get my teaching degree but I have also thought about home schooling my kids. What all does it take to home school?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 2:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Effort, consistency, and planning. Make what you want to teach her fun. Everything can be a learning experience if you approach it right.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• every state has different homeschool laws. try to google it for your states laws.
    i find my kids learn better when they are expierencing. talk about colors of toys. count crayons. we read lots of books. there are lots of simple art projects online. i google stuff like preschool art projects. my son loves printouts.
    some people would disagree but i think tv can be a good learning tool, just make sure it is educational and fun.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Rather than have sit down lessons with your daughter, go for a walk and look for things that are blue and count the birds and look for teachable moments.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2009