Did you hear about the shooting in downtown Washington DC? My brother and SIL are there!!!

They are ok, I called them immediately. Their were only two hurt, the gunman and the security guard.

Its getting to where you are afraid to visit or go anywhere. My grandfather lives close by D.C. and I want to take my son, now I am paranoid. Why does the world have to be such a scary place.?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 2:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Glad they are ok that is scarey.I am waiting to hear more news.I bet the shooter was yelling "allah akbar" or it was an anti semitic loser.
    Anonymous

• They're actually in the holocaust museum or just in DC???
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Stuff like this has been happening for years the media is broascasting it more now and alot is caught on tape. Don't worry too much
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 2:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It was in the doorway of the Holocaust museum which is in D.C. Probably some freak who hates Jewish people or something. Uggg...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes, it is scarry but the system worked, in that a threat was dealt with. An armed gunman was stopped with no loss of life.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• OMG, I am so glad your family is ok. I live just outside of DC and am shocked at this.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 4:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Glad they are ok that is scary.I am waiting to hear more news.I bet the shooter was yelling "allah akbar" or it was an anti Semitic loser.

Actually the media says the guy is a white supremus....I bet that gets lots of news coverage.

I'm glad your family is ok.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Probably some freak who hates Jewish people or something

how do you know?
    that is just an ignorant comment . it could had been just someone looking for attetnion
    someone that was sick
    someone that had other reasons
    it does not mean it was because they hated jewish people
    gah
    Anonymous

• I said (probably) of course no one knows yet....you have a problem with people not liking others who hate?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It was an old antisemitic guy.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2009