could it be the mucus plug or should i call the doctor?

Ive got about 4 weeks left and last week i had a huge gush of discharge come out at once and it was sorta green...Today i had a fair amount come out and also was green. I noticed that if i havent moved for awhile discharge falls out but i was moving and active both times. Today after the discharge, i started to get sharp knife like pains in my vagina and some in my abdoman...Should i assume its the plug or call the doctor??

CJK_2009

Asked by CJK_2009 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • Could be but also could be an infection with that color. I would call the doctor just to make sure.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• if you have 4 weeks left you should be at weekly visits, just talk to them about it at your next visit and make sure they check you out and look down there.
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well this is my 3rd pregnancy and with my first two I lost my mucus plug at the hostpital while I was in labor but I lost my plug with this pregnancy a week ago today and I had the sharp pains also I assumed that it was the babys head coming down more and my cervix changing a bit I dont know that thats for sure what it was. Hope this helps.
    ashleejo

Answer by ashleejo at 2:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sounds like your plug. Seeing that you have 4 weeks left I would call the Doc to make sure there is no infection(like the above post said) or if you have an appointment this week then you can probably wait although with the pains too I would call
    Anonymous