• In the Spotlight:

around the house work outs

does anybody have any suggestions on staying fit around the house i have 3 kids 5 and under so its hard to go to the gym or running right now so i would love some help:)

familymoms

Asked by familymoms at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Use them as exercise equipment. That is what I do with my DS. He thinks I am a gym. I do leg lifts and pig backs all over the house while I am cleaning and stuff. Or you could get a Wii fit. That looks like fun. I ccan't afford one noe, but it will be my gift someday

TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Make yourself a cardio circuit.

Here's an example: Get a jump-rope. Do two minutes of jumping jacks, two minutes of jumping rope, two minutes of running in place, two minutes of lunges, two minutes of squats then rest for two minutes. Repeat the circuit two more times. That will equal 30 minutes of serious cardio right there. Once you're done with that, do 50 crunches and 50 bicycles. A good work out for arms is push ups and dips. If you can, buy two 10 lb dumbells and do bicep curls, chest flyes, and presses. You can get a damn good workout like that.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Everything the other ladies said. Also, some silly things that I do when nobody is looking....
    while washing my hair or blow drying my hair I stay in the sitting position as if I'm sitting on a chair.
    When putting on my eye make-up or taking it off, I lift my leg straight back & hold it until I'm done with that eye & then switch.
    When I run the sweeper or mop the kitchen I do a lot of stretching.
    When going up & down the stairs I lift my legs higher than needed.
    Drink plenty of water.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009