okay my baby is 8 month old and for the last two weeks he has been

screaming he lets out a big on and looks around to see who is looking. i tryed to paying no attention. but he gets louder. i hold my ears and say you are hurting my ears. but he dont care.lol its loud i need some help someone please...

kaydensmama143

Asked by kaydensmama143 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OH that would get annoying! Does he only do it when he's sitting by himself for a minute? Maybe if he starts getting fussy like he wants attention give it to him before he screams.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• sounds like he's just trying to learn about what gets ur attention. i go to my son every time he makes a noise so now he thinks if he makes noise he will get momma. if u dont want this to happen then ignore it but i dont know how it will work
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Yes! This is the age they start experimenting with the volume of their voices! It's 100% developmentally normal. My now 9 month old did this a few weeks ago -- it was a short-lived phase. I thought it was odd, so I looked in my first daughter's baby journal, and sure enough, she started doing it at the exact same age. I don't think you need to worry about giving attention for it or not... he's just realized that his voice can get louder and softer, and now he'll start learning to control it. (Crying and fussing, which they obviously do from the beginning, is a totally different thing, since they're not doing it consciously). Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009