Unsanitary apartment, please help!

I am really getting fed up with my apartment, ever since we moved in here we have had a bug problem and it seems to be getting worse. We have a huge number of fruit flies that keep coming back even when we kill them or pour bleach down the drains and close them. I see a spider in our bedroom probably every few days and have killed them all but them seem to keep finding there way back and I don't know where they are coming from! And just now I found about 10 dead bugs in my refridgerator! I am not sure if I am being unreasonable but I really think it's gross and unsantiary. Plus, I am pregnant. Oh and to top it all off, there is so much drywall dust in our carpet that it ruined my vacuum and you can feel the dust when you step on the carpet with your bare feet. This apartment was dirty the day we moved in, and we have the worst neighbors anyone could ask for. Please give me some advice on what I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• any one else have a similar problem? call health department.
    Anonymous

• yes, my neighbor had the same fruit fly problem, but no spiders or dry wall dust problem.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like the people around you have the bugs. So when your getting rid of them they just come back from the neighbors. Thats common in apartments. But if it's that bad then move? I wouldnt want to live like that either

Anonymous

• Honestly I would try to move before the baby comes! That is very unsanitary and I know people are struggling right now but you have to worry about your babies and your health!! I would talk to the landlord!! Which he probably wont do anything!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• And if your in a lease. Then take pictures of the bugs, and the dirty carpet if you can see it. Or keep the recipt if you had to buy a new one. To prove that you had to move, or why you did.

Or ask your landlord to have the carpets cleaned, and spray for bugs
    Anonymous

• The problem is that we are supposed to move within the next 3-4 months because my husband is getting relocated to a different military base. They gave us our orders but without a date and his commander will not let us leave or give us a date.
    Anonymous

• tell your apartment manager to spray for bugs
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• They have sprayed for bugs about a month ago and it didn't really make a difference they told us the pour bleach down the drains and I tried that days and days in a row and it didn't work. I just called again a minute ago and they are going to get someone out here on friday, hopefully this time they will actually fix the problem.
    Anonymous

• Every home can get occassional bugs. I would say spray for them, but since you're pregnant you probably need to ask a professional exterminator about the safety of the products they use.
    If you get any chance at all, move. You'll never feel comfortable there and for the sake of you and your unborn baby, I'd stay with some family or friends until your husband gets his new orders for ya'll to move. Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• MOVE move MOVE! even if its not YOUR fault or ect. if its your neibors you will not be able to do a thing but gripe and being pregnant just swollow the loss, MOVE and scope your potential neibors better next time. you will all be happier in the end.
    BillyKraftsMom

Answer by BillyKraftsMom at 4:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009