how often do u read to your child

im just curious.. i made a choice in our family we read every night .. its a tradition we do it wether we want to or not.. we read a min of four books.. im just curious how old are ur kids and how often do u read to them. thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• usually every night. I used to read to him twice a day but my life has changed dramatically and now only read at night. my boys are 4 1/2 and 3 1/2.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• every night b4 bed and any time she wants me to
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I read to my 10 month old every night before bed and sometimes in the afternoon as well.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My dd is 2 and we read to her all the time..she loves books sometimes we can read books back to back, just because she likes it so much. and it is great time with her..We have been reading to her since she was really little like 3-4months old. Just something to listen to and fun looking at pictures with her.
    Now she will ask us to read to her, and then when we are done she will read it to us in her own way, with some of the words she knows remebers from us saying so..cute!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I started reading to my kids from birth. Every night. When my son was older, we would read some during the day, and when he started school, we would read sitting out at the end of the driveway every morning while waiting on the bus, traditions I continued with my daughter. By the time my son was about 18 months old, he was picking out non-fiction titles from the Step-Into-Reading series, and other non-fiction titles far beyond the interests of most toddlers, so we went with that. Teachers have always been impressed with the vocabulary skills of my children, and it's partly because of all the reading we did.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• 1 book befor bed, my 5 year old now reads to me, and they both look and read some threw out the day.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I read to my 2 yr old and my 9 day old nightly. That is part of our bedtime routine.
    mom2Hayleigh

Answer by mom2Hayleigh at 2:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• we always have a bedtime story, along with whenever they bring books to me.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Normally every night. He's 6 now and reading pretty well himself so he'll read me a book from time to time. Or read it to himself before bed.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• everyday and he's not even born yet, lol. im 5 months preg.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009