Has anyone else used a bedwetting alarm?

My son, who is almost 11 is still wetting the bed. Sometimes he is dry and others he either wets the bed or his night pullup is too full. He goes to the bathroom before bed and is a very sound sleeper. His grandfather did the same thing until he was 12 yrs old. Curious if the alarm you hook on their underwear really works or not. Tired of buying night pullups for him and do not want to wash sheets everyday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• my boss used one of those timmers for his son who has the same problem as yours very sound sleeper (hes only 6) but it didnt help at all he said that was about 6 months ago and he still wets his bed at night.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 1:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• people I have talked to said that their kids slept right thru the alarm. Have you tried limiting drinks before bed? waking him when you go to bed to go to the bathroom one more time during the night.? Its sounds hereditary if G'pa went thru the same thing. I know it runs in my family my older sister was 12 or 13 before she stopped.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My kids have this problem, so did I and my dad. The alarm worked on me as a child cause it was a bigger sensor. Now they make ones that snap on underwear like a tiny snap, so your child has to go alot before it really hits it. I always thought I would get in in the right spot, but they move around, underwear shifts, etc. So finally we just started waking her like 3 times a night. Yeah its tiring but she was also a deep sleeper and all the things we tried before didnt work. (limiting fluids, etc.) It took about 6 months but it worked. she didnt even remember us getting her up. lol She was about 6 or 7 when we did this. Its the only thing that worked. we kept her in goodnights incase of accidnet, but she rarely had any since we woke her about every 3-4 hours
    Anonymous