Has anyone pulled their kid out of preschool for family vacation?

My 3 year old daughter is going to preschool this year- but my husband just found out his vacation will be over her second week of school. We talked about going on a trip before we realized that she would be in school. We are talking about pulling her out of school for a week (she only goes 3 days a week). But didn't know if going for a week, not going for the second week and going back would be harder on her. She is our oldest... so we've never done the school thing before... Don't know what's best for her.

cacc2002

Asked by cacc2002 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think taking her out is fine. Family time is important and it is only preschool so she won't be missing school work.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Don't put her in until you're back. See if you can not pay for that time your away. even if you have to pay it's still better for her to not go until you're back.
    Anonymous

• Wow, i am going to be in this same situation but not now. In January , my husband and i will be going overseas(business related). My son will be staying with his grandmother for 2 weeks. He is in preschool now but at that time we will take him out because his grandma lives 4 hours from here so its just impossible for him to go. But dont worry about it, its completely fine.
    Anonymous