Question about pregnancy test

My DH and I are ttc #3, (well, we aren't TRYING, but we're not preventing) and I'm charting my cycles (not doing anything but putting my periods on the calendar... so I don't really know when I'm ovulating). Anyway, my cycles are anywhere between 25-27 days. Today is day 28 (which I know doesn't necessarily mean anything). I took a test on Monday (cause with my last two, I found out before I was even supposed to start... and I'm impatient!). After a minute or so, it showed negative. So, I just threw it away. I never came back to check to see if it changed. Well, today I looked at it and it showed positive. Does that mean that maybe it ended up being positive, maybe? Or, do the tests just do weird things after a while? I've never had that happen before.

mommy2ke

Asked by mommy2ke at 2:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well I know that you aren't suppose to read it too early or too late. Mine said disgard after 10 mionutes. But at the same time there was an incident where I took a blood test and it showed positive and I wanted to take a urine to see what it said... it said negative for a while and then came back positive after maybe 5 minutes or so. So, I would take another one to be sure. It sounds to me that you look at the results too soon.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I've never had that happen but I would think that it wouldn't be reliable because it sat overnight. I know your impatient but maybe wait for a few days more and take another one. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• you have to wait the whole 3-5 mins! I did that and for 3 months i was prego and it said I wasn't LOL but a neg answer will disappear and a pos will stay longer most of the time not always! I would retest if i was you!
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 2:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Re-test!
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 2:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I agree re-test.. good luck hun :)
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 3:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I once checked my negative test the next day because I happened to be emptying the garbage, and it was pos! It was a false pos though. Some tests will show up pos after 15-20 minutes, even when the result is negative.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I tested 2 more times, and they were both positive!!!!!! :)
    mommy2ke

Answer by mommy2ke at 5:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yeah! congrats!!!!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2009