When to pump my milk??

My son is a week old, I have to go to class this Sat and Sun and my bf will be watching our son, I tried pumping a couple days ago and had no success when can i pump and how do I go about doing it so that I will have milk pumped by this weekend? i'm a 1st time mom and clueless on this

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your body makes the most milk in the morning
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It is best to wait on pumping and bottles until after 4 to 6 weeks to let your body and your baby get the hang of breastfeeding. If you must pump though, morning is when you have the most milk. Try to relax and think happy thoughts. Visualize your baby drinking. Visit the La Leche League website for more helpful information and advice.

3are_a_blessing

Answer by 3are_a_blessing at 3:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• What pump are you using?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009