special K diet

has anyone tried it? how has it worked for you?

NATTY567

Asked by NATTY567 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i'm not familiar with this diet?! but I do love me a bowl of special k and it seems to be a healthy cereal! I can see myself eating a bowl of special k along with a fruit every morning for breakfast and seeing good results!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The special K diet is simply replacing two meals a day with a bowl of special k. I think it's stupid because you are actually just depriving yourself of calories. So you're either starving the weight off or your other meal is going to be huge lol.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• IT MADE ME SICK AND MESSED UP MY STOMACH FOR A LONG TIME I HAD DIARREA AND PAINS IN MY STOMACH
    SGMAMI

Answer by SGMAMI at 12:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have been trying it for the past week. I drink the special K protein shake for nreakfast, cereal for lunch and whatever for supper. And if I need a snack during the day, I eat one of their protein bars or the ir wheat crackers. I sure have felt better by eating this way.
    Anonymous