How exactly did Bush ruin our economy?

For all of you who can only say that Bush ruined our economy.... please tell me how you think he did that.

I understand that some of you want to say that it's because of the War in Iraq... but seriously? I think that it was called for and I still believe in it! However, Obama said that he was going to pull troops... and yet hasn't done anything but send in 4,000 more troops into Afghanistan.

Oh and let's not forget to look at when the banks started heading south... It wasn't until the Dems took over the house and Senate that things started going down hill... Gas prices went up and they started handing out loans to anyone and everyone who wanted them! Yes, Bush had a dream for every one to own their own home, but where is the responsibility of the homeowner here. They were the ones who bought the house and knew before hand that they were too much and too big for them.... so tell me... what is your opinion.

BoysRuleMyHome

Asked by BoysRuleMyHome at 2:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think HE did. He didn't do one single thing wrong while in office, however since he's no longer in office stop drugging up stuff on the man and let him live out the rest of his life in peace.
    Anonymous

• I can admitt Bush made some mistakes.The bailouts just the spending in general.Do I believe he is at total fault HELL NO.I agree with you the dems have done major damage the housing crisis can be laid directly on their shoulders and the American people too.There have been mistakes made by both sides BUT I think the worst is yet to come with Bammy and admin look at what has happened already.I would much rather have Bush back.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• He didn't. That's just the only thing the Obama minions can throw out there,when they run out of garbage to say about their "god." Or,when the Kool-aid runs out. But, seriously, when they get to the point they have no defense for the garbage our "president" is heaping on us, they start attacking Bush. Pretty pathetic,but oh well, consider the sources,and it makes sense.
    Anonymous

• What pisses me off is when people say "BUSH ruined the economy!" and put NO blame on the others who were involved. Makes me wonder if some of these ladies never took a Civics class in their life.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Um. well, let's see. i'm an Army wife and uh. ...
    The war in Iraq is absolutly STUPID. It was one of Bush's biggest mistakes (besides, maybe the bailouts) Why are we even there? There are and never were "weapons of mass destruction" and Bin Laden was certianly never there. ...and btw. My DH is in Iraq as we speak. I love him dearly. and suport the troops. they only do as ordered after all. But BUSH IS A MORON.
    Let's not forget his vacations and no child left behind as well as numerous other things he put thousands, millions of dollars in and it has gotten us NO WHERE.
    That being said, ...Obama has screwed up too (although, i dont think nearly as badly as Bush). ...which is why we need a 3rd party in the white house next time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The economy, the financial and housing crisis are all collaborative efforts Rep, Dem, Wall Street, people..all ov the above. I think giving tax cuts while at war and borrowing money to cover the difference was a really bad idea but there is way more to the problems than that.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• outstanding: do you realize Bush doesnt have the final say? Everything that happens in our country has to go through congress first, which has been a majority of Democrats for the past what... 3 years now?
    Anonymous

• That being said, ...Obama has screwed up too (although, i dont think nearly as badly as Bush)

Really? Did you know Obama has spent more in the five months he's been in office than Bush did in eight years? Absolutely no justification of any kind there. But,please,thank your husband for his service. God bless him,and all the men and women over there. I pray for them all every single day. But, you seem to forget, we took out the biggest WMD of all-Saddam Hussein. That was not a stupid thing. In fact, that's something the world (and, especially the Iraqis) still cheer for.
    Anonymous

• outstandingLove- You're not the only person who has or has had a loved one in Iraq or Afghanistan. But to say that the War is stupid and has served no purpose is not exactly true! But mere opinion! I swear, that some of you make it seem like we should have never taken steps to fight for our nation! I just don't understand that!

BEXi- You're exactly right and that's what I was saying that no one seems to want the American people to stand up and take some responsibility for where we are!

Umm and to Anon :55.... I was defending Bush in sorts not the opposite... humm!
    BoysRuleMyHome

Answer by BoysRuleMyHome at 3:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Nothing is ever just the Pres. fault. Many factors contribute to a downturn in the economy. But, numerous factors that affect the world market are in direct correlation with how the US was run during those times. Bush sent us to war (we are a military family and fully support our troops) with a country in which there was little to no financial benefit to be had. Therefore, you get the cost of the war and the effect on the world economy (price of oil, staples that were imported/exported from that country and the "merchandsing" of war products such as guns,tanks,troop equipment,etc) without having a plan to recoup your losses. Then, in direct proportion, you strain your system when true need arises (such as Katrina relief and funding for the programs, etc). You then put yourself further in debt trying to compensate for domestic spending while still spending on foreign agendas.

*Just a small example...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009