Anyone want to convert to Starwarsism?

I think its the perfect religion. "God" aka, "The Force," is not a person living in some distant realm, but all around and in every living thing. The more in tune with it a person becomes, the more power they have to do good. Ultimately, you can reach enlightenment.

Fear, anger, and hate lead to the "Dark Side," but punishment is a self-imposed hell, and a result of perverting the perfect good that is "The Force." But, there is always an option to turn away and do right. This may require the sacrifice of your own life, but you will be forgiven

I think I'm going to start calling myself a "Starwarsist." Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm thinking somebody has a lot of time on their hands...
    Anonymous

• Jedi is a recognized religion in England, and perhaps other places... and from what I've heard the beliefs of the Jedi are based on those of Taoism ("the force" = "the tao" I guess.) It's as legit as any other belief system, so go for it! :-)

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Lol well there actually are several religions (including Paganism) that actually follow rather closely with that philosophy :)
    Anonymous

• There's been a push to recognize Jedi as a religion for a long time now. Makes sense to me --- I don't see why not.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Let The Force be with you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Collinsky, my darling...sleep

OP: I didn't mean that in a bad way at all. I actually thought it was kind of funny and interesting that you took the time to think it through as much as you did.

Anonymous

• O_o
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well, I was kind of half joking obviously, but you guys are right! Turns out it is a real religion with followers. Pretty neat, I think.

http://www.jedichurch.org/

-OP
    Anonymous

• HAA learn something new every day. This is interesting
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• AWW, Anon:13 beat me to it, LOL.

I just found the site myself - pretty interesting!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2009