potty training advice.....

i asked for advice before but nothing seems to work. my daughter now won't even go near her potty chair or the toilet. how can i get her to come to them so that i can use them and get her trained? it has been a nightmare. she runs away and fights me. i don't want to force her but telling her i will read her a book or she gets a sticker for coming doesn't entice her at all. she is geting way to old to be in a diaper!

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Man oh man... I wish I had an answer for you but my daughter of three years is doing the same thing! She tells me when she is pooing but screams her head off if I try and take her to the potty. And like yours she even takes a soiled pull-up off and tosses it, even replaces with a clean one. She gets the concept but refuses (or is afraid or something). The only idea I have come up with is having her observe another little friend use the potty or something.... sounds gross and absurd but she started to walk once she saw another little girl do it so who knows? I hope I could at least make you feel a little less alone, I understand the shame that comes with this. Let me know if you find something that works!
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Does she want to be a big girl? you might be able to use that. What about taking her diapers away. ...on a weekend just refuse to put her in a diaper. make her wear big girl underware. if she makes a mess make her help you clean it up.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yeah we don't put diapers on her and put the undies on not the pull up kind and tell her she needs to be a big girl. she just is so stubborn. i have gotten to saying if she does this i wil put a movie or tv shows on but she just says no and runs away. so far she has only peed on the floor.

although i think i will have her help me pick up her mess. good idea. i know she is ready cause she takes her own diaper when she has one on takes it off and throws it away. what the heck is up with her.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Maybe make up a fun game? or tell her if she starts going to the potty give her a snack or Make a poster to put on the bathroom wall and put stickers on it each day she goes..and tell her if you will go to the potty for a week we can go too the park or some where she likes at the end of the week ?? I dunno i just made that up lol

But hope you can find a way!!! GoodLuck!
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Did she pick out her own big girl underwear? That's what worked for my kids. They loved their new underwear so much because they picked them out and they didn't want to mess them up. I hope you find something that works for you. I'm sorry that I can't offer more help.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2009