How much should my son be rolling?

My DS is just 5 mo. and he's only rolled over a couple times. He hates being on his stomache and when i put him on it he cries, i feel like he should hold his self up better. He lifts his head but he doesn't use his arms. I'm just afraid he is a little behind in his development.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was always the same way with getting mad when he was on his stomach and I had seen him roll just a couple times. And then all the sudden one day he went from his back to his belly and that was at about 5 months. And now no matter how you put him down he is on his belly and thats how he sleeps now too. He is 6 months old. And I have seen him roll the other way, but only a few times. Every baby develops at different times. I wouldn't worry. Just give him some time. Hes a cutie by the way.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 3:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009