Is/has anyone else struggled with depression during pregnancy?

I am beyond happy to be pregnant but I seem to be going through some depression....feeling alone and not loved enough and also very impatient to meet my son. I feel angry when I see other people with their babies because I don't have mine yet...is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i think it is normal because i am kinda going through the same thing although i just lay down and feel my baby move and kick and it always makes me happy if your baby is asleep try looking at all the cool and cute things you have for him when he arrives it always boosts me up
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• oh goodness, baby jealousy? i'm opposite, i see other babies in public and they're all screaming, pooping, throwing up and i'm like thank gosh my baby is still inside of me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Sounds normal to me, i had those feeling with my last 2 pregnancies and have noticed i'm doing it with this next one and i'm only 12 weeks along. I always get anxious and want to know what it is but then once i know i get anxious because i want it to be here already. I would try what the other post said and just look at the baby stuff you have for him, it does help. Good luck and don't worry it won't last forever :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i feel the same way. I also think the depression i do get which is not to common for me to get.. but i think it has to do with what i have been thru. and with my hormones on rampage now i get emotional just over someone saying something to me so i think its normal. but i am very impatient to meet my baby as well.. 4 weeks and i find out the sex :) hoping for a girl but will be happy either way :D
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009