When your finished doing your grocery shopping....

do you say yes when they ask if you would like your gallon of milk/OJ in a plastic bag or do you just say no thank you.

I sometimes say no bc I am coming straight home but it does suck bc with out the plastic bag the jug tends to sweat...I don't like that. I just give it alittle rinse and put in the fridge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• never had that problem. and no i wouldn't take a bag for something with a handle
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• no, i dont use plastic bags at all, im doin the green thing and love my reusable bags, but if i have extra reusable bags i will put it(them) in one of those, for easy carrying.
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 3:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I usually say "it doesn't matter", or "not, that's okay".
    Anonymous

• I prefer anything that might spill, milk included, also bleach, detergent, in a plastic bag. Bottles and jugs and containers of liquids do have leaks at times. I had a jug of bleach leak and damage the carpeting in the back of the car.

Just today I bought 3 gallons of distilled water, and the cashier put them each in a plastic bag. I'm not concerned about possible leaking of water into the car, so I said let's save those bags and I'll just put the jugs in my cart. So she removed the bags, then balled up the three bags and put them in the trash. I am still puzzled about why she wouldn't just use them for the rest of the groceries.

Answer by Bmat at 3:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they don't ask me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yes i have them put them in a bag, but i bring my own bags... :)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• If it's got a handle it doesn't need a bag. So milk, juice, the boxed juice bags, etc. doesn't get bagged. If it's in a bag like the big bag of rice or potatoes it doesn't get a bag.   I also don't put things like banana's in the little produce bags, if it's in a bunch that will stay together why waste a bag, I don't bag it if I'm only buying one, like an onion or a cucumber, etc.   I use cloth bags at the store.  The less of that stuff I use the less has to go into landfills.  

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I bag my own groceries at the store I shop at the most. I don't put it into a plastic bag, I don't see the need in wasting more plastic.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• we put our groceries in our own reusable bags that we bring along with us.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have NEver been asked that plus where we go we pack our own groceries
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2009