What is fun to do that doesn't involve food?

Every time I meet up with my mom or sister we eat. If me and my husband go out we eat. Birthdays we eat. I don't want my son growing up with food as entertainment and I would like to cut this out for myself as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol! good question!
    i feel the same way!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Go to a zoo or museum. Tour an old restored house. Walk. Put a puzzle together. Play board games or card games. Most social occasions do involve food. Perhaps you could go with fresh vegetables, maybe dips, fresh fruit.

Answer by Bmat at 3:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• this is where we go... botanical garden, circus, me & my mom like to go for long walks and just talk...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• go for pedi's with your mom and sis!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• omg my in-laws always do this! My mom does this too! b/c they can't walk around too much I guess. But I'd love to HIKE....MUSEUMS....WALK THE WATER FRONT , PLAY BEACH BALL AT THE BEACH...AND SO ON.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 3:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• yeah going for pedicures that's a great idea then go to an art museum or something.
    HoneyPot78

Answer by HoneyPot78 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I luv the paint your own pottery places. It is so fun and social. Took my dd and I 3 hrs to finish our pieces and we had so much fun talking and working together.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Hiking, bike rides, and disc golf.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 4:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I like the ideas from others. I also like your opinion on not wanting your son to grow up with food as entertainment. That's a big reason I eat so much now! But maybe try to incorporate exercise in whatever you do even if it's just walking around a mall or something. That way you're eliminating food and adding exercise!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009