How long does the hospital usually keep you when treated for an IV for a uti?

My doctor just called me and informed me that there was puss in my urine, and she was not sure if it was a true uti but if it was after i go in and its tested again tomorrow she would need to treat me with iv antibiotics... i cant take alot of them because of being allregic, she said there wasnt many oral options? I also think that some of me not being able to take them was me being pregnant at the time of getting tons of utis and just thinking that there was some side effect in reality there wasnt. also ive been running a fever for the last 6 months that my son was born i of course had tests ran for utis since then. also ultrasounds,cat scans, blood cultures etc.. all came back normal.
If I need to go into the hospital how long do they generally keep you for this type of thing? I guess I should go until they treat it and I'm better I'm just worried :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Health

• I had an ovarian infection when my ovary was becoming nonfunctioning. It had to be removed finally, endometri. destroyed it. When I first saw the ob when the infection started I had a fever 103 and he demanded that I go in the hospital for iv treatment. I had two kids,my husband had to work so I told him there had to be a different way. He told me I could have home nursing care. The nursing agency said they could give me iv's at home but that I had to first get an iv treatment in the hospital to make sure I didn't have an adverse reaction to it. Nursing agencies give lots of ivs for homes - cancer care, etc. Get betr!

Also, my daughter had to get iv treatment for several days for a cat bite and she didn't want to go in the hospital like our ped wanted her to. Our local er let us go there for iv treatment to keep her out of the costly hospital.

Call different nursing agencies for their

Anonymous

• first responder here, actually I had three kids when my ovary was stopping functioning. Three kids did not allow me to go in to the hospital for ivs only as serious as my infection was. Call different home care agencies for their thoughts!!!
    Anonymous