what's so good about twilight?

i bought the movie to figure out what all the hype is about & i couldnt quite grasp the reason why it's as popular as it is. are the books better than the movie?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Entertainment

• In a genre that is overwhelmingly redundant in it's portrayal of "the average vampire" a writer/screenwriter has to have a P.O.V that is outside of the normal spectrum and that is why Twilight received the "hype" that it did. It was a conventional and new way to portray a vampire and the movie was sultry without being overly sensualist as vampires should be portrayed b/c they are seductive in their nature.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I haven't seen it myself but my hubby sat down to watch it one weekend while the kids and I were away cuz he too wanted to see what the hype was all about. He said that the story was a bit better than he expected but it certainlly had it's cheesy moments.

I'm not real interested in Vampire movies so I have no interest is seeing the movie or wasting hours of my life reading thru the books. But to each their own, huh?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The movie only got the hype because of the books. I wasn't a huge fan of the books. I liked the fourth one but wasn't all that impressed with the rest of the series. There was just too much teenage love drama for my tastes.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I haven't read the books, but I agree that the movie was nothing special. The character development was mediocre at best. I really didn't see why the lead characters were atracted to one another at all, but maybe i just missed something.
    Anonymous

• thats exactly wat i was thinking! i couldnt see why they were attracted to each other eiter. i get he wants her blood, but why is she so stuck on this snooty guy? i just dont get it
    Anonymous

• The books go into more detail. I always think books are better, though. What you can come up with in your head is way better than someone else's vision!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The movie was butchered, the books are so much better. But that is always the case, it is hard to fit the story of a book in a 90 minute movie that is on a budget. I liked the movie but it didn't really do it for me so I bought all of the books b/c I wanted to know why people were so obsessed. I read all 4 of them in 4 days and I love them. I think it is so popular because in the books bella is just a plain ordinary girl and edward is like a greek god yet he still falls in love with her. There is that part of us that relates to that. In high school there is always this one guy, the one you get up and go to school for but you doubt he even notices you. Every girl has her own version of edward. Forbidden love, unlikely couples, uncompatable couples.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The best thing about Twilight is that the pages make great toilet paper when your camping in the middle of nowhere.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• In a word... nothing. That series is overrated trash. I wasted 2 days of my life reading the book, I'm not going to waste another couple hours watching the movie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• omg..you have to read the books..the movie sucked in comparison...pls, pls, pls do not judge the book by this horrible movie
    Anonymous