what classifies a long relationship;??not friends but lovers

i think that 3 or 4 years is a long time to be with someone.. im 26 and i have been with dh for seven years.. what do u think is a long relationship?; are u single and if not how long have u been in your current relationship.married three and half yrs.. together a little over seven.. for me that feels like a long time.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• It depends. I think being in a relationship for 2 years is a long time (not married) but married I think 10+ years is a long time. It seems in this day and age though with the divorce rate 5 years is something to celebrate. Congrats on 7 yrs together!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think if you can make it past 3 years, then it is a long relationship.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• long term makes me nervous. My second marriage was ten years but that's it for long term for me. I like being single

Answer by admckenzie at 4:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think "long" is relative to your age. What's long for a 20 year old is not necessarily long for a 40 year old. I'm 37, and I've been with my husband for 10 years (married for 8), and I think that is long. When I was in my 20s I would have thought 2 or 3 years was long, but that seems pretty short to me now.

7 years at 26 is definitely "long" in my book - congrats!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• These days, I think making it past 3 yrs is doing pretty good. My parents have been married for nearly 33 yrs, my grandparents for 60. I was married, filed for divorce before 3 yrs, divorce final just after 3 yrs. I've been with the guy I'm currently seeing only a little over a month, but he's someone I've known for 13 yrs, and we've always had feelings for each other, so hopefully, it will last.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• We've been married for 5 and together for 8. I'm 28 and he's 29.

I thing long term is 10 years, but I think anything past 2 or 3 is doing well.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2009