If your child used a paci, how did you get rid of it?

My daughter is done with her paci at five months. It just sort of *happened* magically, LOL. My fiance noticed that we hadn't given it to her in weeks. I guess she just stopped needing it. She doesn't suck her thumb either. Yay for self-soothing!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thats awesome, wish my son would do this. He is 16 months and doesn't really use it during the day, only if he sees it. Always has to have it at night
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My son was about to turn two and I just took it away and told him no more. He cried and cried....

Any future kids will get to wean themselves...breast, bottle, pacifier, whatever. I'm not being mean anymore.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• You are LUCKY!!! I took my daughters away at 17 months. We tried the only at night thing and it just got to be more frequent. So I just took it and would cuddle her when she wanted it. 3 days later, she didn't want it and ever tried hiding her friends LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I just stopped giving i to him around 4 months and it was never a problem. He only gets upset when he wants or needs something. I got to know his cries very well, so i can always tell what he needs.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• they disappeared when our daughter started to walk.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009