How much does your husband make?

My husband makes $104K a year and we still can't afford for me to stay at home. My income is half of his and we need every cent to make it by every month.

How much does your husband make that you can stay home and not work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband doesn't make that much but if he did, I would be staying home. We dont even make that combined.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• uh i was able to be a sahm wife when my husband only made 14 an hour. do you think maybe your living BEYOND your means????? Um I do! My husband is now making 17.91 an hour. I work part time now.. just because I didn't enjoy being home 24/7 and couldn't pass up a work 5 days off 9 days schedule making 14.71. but really.. 104k... thats retarded that you can't stay home. sell some of your fancy cars and move into a smaller house.
    Anonymous

• lol...i stay home and he makes 50k were just fine...theres something wrong here
    Anonymous

• My Husband makes $100K a year. Last year when I worked we made $135K combined and acted like we were on one income for a whole year. We saved everything I made, paid off our debt, downsized our home and put the rest in savings so when I stayed home it wasn't a huge shock. I have been a WAHM for about 6 months and it's so amazing. I make TuTu's and accessories for babies, toddler and girls and just started super hero capes for boys. I use that extra money for shopping and fun stuff for the kids and I while my Hubby is at work so I don't tap into our savings.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• he makes about $3200/month (about 38K/yr), give or take a few dollars. we both have a new car and our rent is 850/month. money isnt tight for us and our debt is almost paid off.
    i hope you can figure a way out to live off of just DH salary, being a sahm is the best and harest job =)
    Anonymous

• It also depends on where she lives. The cost of living isn't always the same anon 4:06!!!!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• you could stay home if it was a priority, but you would have to change your life style. I know it costs more depending on the city you live in, but that is good money. you could stay home with half of that and still have a good life.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• My SO is making just under 26k + commission and I stay at home. We're waiting to see if we get into a bigger house for rent so that I can babysit from home, but we'd still be making less than 35k.
    I agree with PP, I think you may be living a little beyond your means. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to stay home if you were willing to sacrifice a little, unless you're in debt up to your eyes. It doesn't really matter how much money someone makes, what matters is how much debt they owe.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• anon :06 no reason to be nasty to her about it. you dont know if they have fancy cars or what type of home they have, so dont jump to conclusions
    Anonymous

• Anon 4:06: How do you know she has fancy cars, she posted anonymously??? LOLE. Do you know her??

I know I live in FL and we make a combined income around $150K and I can't stay home even though my part of that income is only 40% of the total. My property taxes and insurance on a small 1200 sq foot house are $8K A YEAR and that's on top of the mortgage payment. Plus people have student loans and all kinds of other bills that are no luxuries that you can just get rid of to have more money you may not know about too.

Hell she might live down here in expensive land where you can't just sell your house and up and move as much as you'd like to because GUESS WHAT...no one's buying. I mean unless your offering to buy her house, if so I have my house and our rental property you can come and look at too.
    Anonymous