Dollar store pregnancy tests???

What do you think of them? Have them worked/not worked for you?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When you buy a pregnancy test, SOME need higher amounts of HCG to detect pregnancy however they're pretty much all the same.

What you pay for with other tests compare to $1 tests are the packaging of the test itself. The plastic covering the strip. You save even MORE money if you buy the strips with NO cover off the internet.

Answer by SmileyMoo at 4:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• They worked for my cousin.

• buy a couple lol

Answer by guitarmom101 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• mine worked...

Answer by brodysmama23 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I've heard that they are just as good as any other test, but you should watch out for expiration dates. They probably aren't as easy to read, but if you can follow instructions, I'm sure they're fine

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• They worked for me...and they are cheap to use especially if you are trying to concieve...once you get a positive then you get the more expensive test to confirm thats what I did...

Answer by NewMom716 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• hell yes stock up. mine all came back negative, but then again i wasn't pregnant :)

Answer by staciandababy at 4:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• When I found out I was pregnant with the twins I had taken a test from a dollar only was a twin pack for $1.00, so my test cost me 50 cents. It was already showing positive before I could get it layed down on the counter after peeing on it. Like NewMom716 said...if you get a positive you can always buy a more expensive test to confirm.

Answer by t_06_twins at 4:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• They worked perfect for me. Everyone I took came back positive when I was and negative when I wasn't. I would highly recommend them.

Answer by valerie0103 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Not sure what dollar store you're talking about, but the New Choice tests from the Dollar Tree are actually more accurate than EPT! They detect HCG at 25, and EPT detects it at 50-100.

Answer by corbysmom531 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2009