Should I Have A Child At 24 or While I am In College

I think that its not cool but cool to have a child in college but then again should I wait until I get married or better yet should I adopt so I wont have to go through all of the pain. I am confused someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some advice.

Cashawndriyah

Asked by Cashawndriyah at 4:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Your in college and have to ask this? Is schooling not working for you? You are in college....alot of girls your age that have kids dont get the chance to go to school after high school....stay in college...dont worry about a baby now.
    Anonymous

• I think it would make things more difficult, but this is something you really need to discuss with your boyfriend or whoever. && as far as the adoption that is a personal choice too, I don't think anyone on here should be making this decision for you....
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Having a child while in college is really not an easy thing. I regret not finishing up before I had my kids - its made it 10x harder. Finish up, then worry about children.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Think of the life of your child. He/she may resent not having a father. Why do you think its "cool" to have a baby in college? That sounds like an immature statement. You should not have a child because you think it's "cool", you should have a child when the time is right, when you have a good job, & when you have a man who would do anything for you & your child. You definitely need to wait. You will do much better in college anyway without a baby screaming in the background while your trying to study. Think of the baby, not yourself.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I had my oldest while I was in college, and it was HARD! My finace and I lived together and it was still really hard. I regret that I didn't finish. So my advice to you would be to finish school first, and also make sure you pick the RIGHT man to be your baby's father!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• It will be easier if you wait. A lot of women who have a baby before they get through school find it's very difficult to finish afterwards. In general, the more settled you are in your life, the easier it will be to incorporate a baby into the mix.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Well i can't really answer you that because its up to what you want and how stable your life is but I am pregnant with my second and in college and I love it. I would much rather be in college and be a mom to my 2 year old and new baby then be working a 8 hour a day job. I can schedule classes whenever is convenient for me and I am at home with my son 95% of the time, and for me I don't think it is harder to keep up with the work at all and I am an education major which consists of a lot of work and field work. But I have a supportive family and husband. School is what I do for me because I want to not because I have to
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I think you better stick with college & grow up! Your not even married and your worried about having a child!
    Anonymous

• Wow, your profile says you already have one & your wanting another?!?!?!
    Anonymous