Plus size in-style clothing? I hate being fat! LOL

I am a 18/20-ish size. My chest is bigger than my belly, but I still have a belly, obviousely, lol. But My hips are wide too, but way bigger than my thighs, so normal size 20, which might fit my stomach/hips/waist, are huge on my thighs and look horrible.

I need summer clothes that aren't out of style, or older style, but aren't pricey either.

I am OK with second hand, if I can find any!

Any idea???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am a size 22, and I find that I really like faded glory stretch jeans from Wal Mart. They are comfortable and the black ones make me look slimmer. I also stick with solid colored tops or up-and-down stripes. Avoid side-to-side stripes, as they make a person look heavier. You should check Kohl's (if you have one near you). They have a good selection of plus-sized clothing. I also like JC Penney's outlet store. TJ Maxx also has a decent selection, as well. Good luck!
    scottswife2001

Answer by scottswife2001 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I used to work at Lane Bryant. I am about a 22-24. There clothes are pricey but you can find Lane Bryant Outlets in some places. You canget $40 jeans for like $20 or shorts. Just look at the outlets!! I dont know if I would trust second hand. Some of those places wont let you return then or even try them on and you dont want to spend the money and not being able to wear it.
    Anonymous

• are you my twin? I understand your plight. I shop everywhere from Target to Lands End. I'm 5'10 so while I may be a 18/20 I look more like a 14/16. I like some of Lane Bryant's things but they can be pricey. There are gonna be times where you're gonna wanna rip out your hair due to the lack of variety that is out there for plus size women. I'm plus size but I don't consider myself FAT in the bad sense of the word. I'm a curvy woman. Most times I love my body but there are times (shopping and seeing family member who you haven't seen in sometime) when I wish I could drop a few pounds but over all I'm good. Depending on your style and age Torrid has some really cute things to offer trendy plus size woman. I'm a little bit more traditional. Most of my summer closet has several pairs of capris, skirts of varying lengths, and cute tops. Try Old Navy as well, I love their basic pieces, easy to switch 'em up with others.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• A store named Torrid is where I go. They are expensive, but reaaly nice clothres. Also, Maurice's.
    Anonymous

• I like Cato's if you have one and Dots if you have one. They have plus size clothes and they are nice and the prices are great. I still love lane bryant but I understand that they can be pricey. So good luck on finding you some cute stuff for the summer.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 10:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I love Fashion Bug..they are pricy lol,but I love there clothes.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• TORRIDS!!! I love how they make the sizes in single digits, to make us big girls feel great being in a size 0, 1,2,3,4. I love that store because the clothes are so fashionable instead of some stores with their dots, hearts and f*cked up bows to make us feel better about being big searching for cloths. If you go online, sometimes there's so clearance prices
    alize_26

Answer by alize_26 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009