Interview Tips?

My husband has an interview in a little while. Do you have any tips? Thanks in advance by the way :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• sit up straight, look the potential employer in the eyes, be confident, ask questions. Employers like people who ask questions. Show respect, yes sir/maam, no sir/maam. Thank you. things like that. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• eye contact, confidence, no gum, extremely polite, firm handshake, dress well. Make sure he knows how he would benefit the company (frequently asked during an interview). No bouncy knee, or finger fiddling. The list can go on....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• He needs to do a lot of research about the company before the interview and ask educated questions that show he has a serious interest in working there. It is really important that he ask questions. He needs to be prepared to discuss his strengths and weaknesses. It's likely that he'll be asked about a difficult situation that he faced and how he overcame it. Dress formally. He may be dressed more formally than the people interviewing him, but that is what they expect. He should send thank you notes to each person he spoke to during the interview afterward.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I do career and job search coaching, and will be happy to help your husband with interview prep. Please contact me directly...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• As a home based business and a corporation owner with almost 100 employees I would say that I would like to see a resume that is crisp, clear & concise. It also shows not only your work experience but also how you are involved in your community. A cover letter is great and at least 3 references that are more than just a basic friend.

Also when you are filling out and or dropping off items you want to be dressed as if you are in the interview! No gum in mouth, clean and crisp look as if you have a mindset of the boss.

Today with all the economic issues and so many people looking for jobs I would just say what you want to do is to make sure you are clear on what value you would add to the company.

Most people go in to get a job! I would suggest husband going in to be of support of being of a great value to the organization.

This is where a confidence level makes a difference! Good luck to husband in finding a job!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 3:29 AM on Jun. 12, 2009