Which flowers are good one's to plant that aren't to high maintenance and in a small garden?

Was digging dirt in garden and looking at gardening book. I was thinking about planting Freesia flowers. Do they do well in lots of sun and do they spread out alot when they grow? Garden is outside in back and is the size of if a lawn mower would cut two lanes of grass. Townhouse rules requires it to be that small, so lawn mowing can be done. Was going to get creative a little back there. Maybe an upside down tomato plant. I always wanted to try one of those.

nan16

Asked by nan16 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• What climate do you live in? I like green & golds. They are parennial, they are low to the ground & they can survive ALL kinds of wether conditions.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I live in PA. Pretty hot and humid her in the summer. Moderate rainfalls.
    nan16

Answer by nan16 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I've always had the best luck with marigolds, I'm terrible with plants, but they are VERY EASY!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Marigolds and Petunia's are very hardy and can withstand dryer soil.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2009