What is the limit on God?

I have pondered this for a month or so. Awhile back I read something like I think science is to complex for there to be a God, you see you science as too complex for there not to be a God. (those are not the exact words) I pondered and mediated over this for awhile. I still don't get or understand the limit on God. Why is science to complex? What is complex level of God? I really hope I am making sense. It is hard to put into words what I am thinking

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not sure what you mean. But how could there not be a God? All that we have to do is look around at all he has givin us. And how the human body works, or how a baby is created.
    Anonymous

• god is too complex for science to understand, but they sure are getting close!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I agree with anon. Science is proof of God's existence. However I read that science was too complex for there to be a God. I don't understand how there can be a limit on God. Our solar system is too advance and too complex for it to be chance.
    Anonymous

• I believe in God but I am waiting for science to come up with a scientific explaination that there is no God. That would totally destroy the world. If they scientifically found a formula to prove that there is/could be no God, the world would collapse. Maybe they have already found one but haven't revealed it since they know the world would turn into a huge riot. If there's no God, then what's the point of living right from wrong? You won't have to answer to a higher power someday. That's just something I think about a lot... But I still believe since they haven't provided the formula yet! LOL.
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 5:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I agree, if there is some type of scientific formula that proves there is no God I won't believe. Right now there is scientific proof that God exist.
    Anonymous

• God has no limitations. We are the ones with limitations. We are the ones incapable of understanding Him.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I will never, ever understand people who insist there is no point to a life without a god, or that there is no point of upholding a differentiation between right and wrong in that case. There has never been a god and that hasn't destroyed the world; why would proving it do so? It's just so sad the number of people who feel they would have no discerning judgment about anything right or wrong without a god to tell them what should be common sense and decency. Although, yes, I suppose I am more than a little afraid of what those type christians would unleash if it were ever proven there is no god, since they feel the idea of one is the only thing that keeps their dark sides in check. After all. look at all the damage they manage to do in the name of one.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 5:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• sorry you feel that roachiesmom, sounds like you have some personal issues with ppl who believe to work through. Hope you are able to come to an understanding about ppl who belive there is a God.
    Anonymous

• I get what you are saying roachiesmom. It's like people are only being nice to each other because they think there will be a final judgement. And they are scared what might happen when they die if they aren't nice. It seems to keep them in check, but I would hate to see what happens if one day science proves that there is no god. Can you imagine how horrible people will be?
    Besides, some of us don't need fear to keep us in check. We are nice, law-abiding citizens without fearing that our eternal souls will burn in hell if we're not. You don't have to have a god above you to have morals in you.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Science can neither prove nor disprove the existance of a God.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009