how do i make him stop snoring?

so here's the deal. he snores like a chain saw. Like if i sleep in the living room, i can hear him through the wall. i have to turn up the tv sometimes. he says its because he's tired and won't see a doctor about it. i have two kids, so ear plugs are not an option, not that i think they'd work anyway. doesn't matter what side he sleeps on, what kind of pillow, if i pinch his nose...nothing so far has worked. sleeping in another room doesn't work either. that's how loud he is. so any ideas on how to get him to stop snoring like that? any old wives tales that work? please, help. i'm exhausted.

princezzmommie

Asked by princezzmommie at 4:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Has he tried nasal strips? They help sometimes. It's worth a shot. My DH snores, but the nasal strips HELPS. They don't make it stop completely, but it makes it much quieter so that I'm able to ignore it.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• is he over weight? a lot of over weight people have a problem with snoring. My dad is terrible about that. also, snoring is a sign of sleep apnea. Have you ever notice that he may stop breathing for a brief period during his sleep and then all of a sudden start? He should see a doctor if he does. my dad has now stopped snoring. He uses the breath right strips. It is used to open up your nasal passages to allow more air to flow freely. but it works for his snoring so he wears them at night. try that and see if BOTH of you can get some restful sleep.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Get your own place..That will work.Just joking..Nothing will help if he does not want to get treated for it.. Do you have a room that is further away from him that you can sleep in?

Answer by louise2 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Punch him in the head? My hubby sounds like a cross between a bear and a weedeater. I'm just lucky enough to sleep through it. It's like a lullaby.

Seriously, tell him he'll get more sex when you can sleep in the same room...maybe he'll go to the Dr.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Have you had him sleep on his stomach? I make my husband do this, because OMG he snores sooo loud I can't stand it LOL. I will nudge him on his side when he starts snoring and he just rolls over and problem solved haha. It's the only way he'll stop snoring, being on his side and turning his head, putting a pillow over his head and plugging his nose didn't work haha.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Just clip a clothes pin on his nose and stuff a sock or an orange it his mouth...that'll learn em...lolbouncingSeriously...he has to go to the doctor my dh was so stubborn too that the more I complained about it the more he would get mad at me but I kept on turns out he has sleep apnea...get him checked out before he leaves you a widow (God forbid) I mean my dh would litterly stop breathing that would scare the shit out of me...

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• lol with my husband i hit him in the arm and tell him to roll over because he is snoring loud
    that usually helps him to stop
    Anonymous

• no he's not overweight. it doesn't matter what position he's in and no, he doesn't have sleep apnea. as for another room, i hear him in every room.he wakes the kids up sometimes. and if i wake him up he gets mad because he has to work in the am. I'm a stay at home mom and we all know they just sleep all day anwyay...rolling eyes...so this is my pickle.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2009